Sunday, January 23, 2011

Guacamole for one



Guacamole is one of my favorite snacks. So let's break into what you need
- 1 Avocado
- Red Onion
-Tomato
-Cilantro
-Lime juice
-Salt
-Pepper
Slice the Avocado in half working around the pit, give the two halves a twist to separate them
One half will end up with the pit stuck in it. Give the pit a wrap over the top with the blade of your knife. Once the blade is lodged in the pit give it a twist and it will pop right out. Remove the pit from the knife with a paper towel to avoid blood in your avocado.
I'm only using half the tomato. Clean out the pulp and remove the core part also
Slice it up into little pieces
I'm only using about a square inch of the red onion. I've found in the past the avocado with suck up the onion flavor very well, so only a bit of onion is needed
Only a little bit of cilantro, about a table spoon of lime juice. A fresh lime is better, but I had this in my frig.
Cholula hot sauce is one of my favorites, give a couple shakes of that.
I hope everyone has assumed to put everything in a bowl as we go along...
I chopped the avocado up so it would be easier to smash with a spoon. If your avocado isn't ripe enough it will not mash, so take the time to pick out a good on.
After a couple minutes of mixing and mashing it will look like green goop, wonderful, tasty green goop. Salt and pepper to taste. Keep in mind the chip you're eating it with when you add salt. Unsalted chips call for a bit more salt in the dip, just to make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment