Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grilled Bread

Grilling bread is very basic, and I'm sure you get the gist of how this works in the title alone. I make it every dinner on the grill though, so I found it worth sharing. How ever you choose to season the bread with whatever herbs and spices you want is interchangeable .
You will need:
-Loaf of your favorite crusty bread, sliced lengthwise in half.
-Olive oil
-Salt and peper
-What ever herbs and spices you have on hand

Evenly distribute the oil on the bread halves. To avoid grill flare ups give the bread time to soak up the oil to avoid dripping. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Evenly coat the bread with your choice of spices. Place the bread face down on the grill. Pay attention to the flames, the bread will burn easy if not watched. Remove from grill once golden brown, cut into slices.

I like to use my bread to suck up meat & oil drippings from your BBQ plate. Or stack grilled onions on it. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment